Why Is No One Reading My Blog?

Thanks for getting this far. I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and hopefully you'll make it to the bottom of the page. Blogging is actually a whole lot more involved than I was first led to believe. I wanted to draw attention to my website to help people make money online from their home based business. "Just write a few paragraphs about what you are doing - it's easy" I was told - well let me tell you, there is a lot more that needs to be done if you want your blog to be successful.

The first thing I did was lift articles from E-zine - which is perfectly legal. That gave me some quick content with a miniumum of effort. I gave the author his biline at the end of the article and all was good. But no one was reading it! Then a friend told me that while Google loves content, it gives a better score to original content blogs than it does to re-hashed versions of previously published articles. So I've moved onto writing my own content. But that takes more time.

Then I was told all about "Tags". Didn't know what they were but I thought I'd put some in. Not as straight forward as I thought. Remember to link the tags to keywords people will use to search for a topic, and include the keywords in your blog.

Another good thing that no one told me about when I first started writing my blog was that when I had written it, I also needed to make sure it was "pinged" to the right people. You see, "pinging" is something you need to do so that the world of the internet knows you have something important to say. So always remember to ping. Personally I use Pingomatic.com - they do all the work for me.

So the moral of the story is that if you are going to have a blog and you would like people to read it, take a bit of time, think of stuff to write about that is interesting and make sure you use all you have learnt to make it as attractive as possible to your most important reader - Google!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Achieve Your Goals If You're Born to Lose

Comply or Die - It's No Longer an Option